Stockholm is the beautiful capital city of Sweden. Composed of several islands between the Baltic Sea and Lake Mälaren, Stockholm has a unique integration of water and land, connected together by its many bridges.
Stockholm, also called "The Capital of Scandinavia," is the fastest-growing city in northern Europe, and it plays an important role as a hub for business, politics, science, arts, and media. Swedes, young Europeans, and immigrants from around the world move to the city for education, jobs, or refuge. For these reasons, Stockholm has become a melting pot for people from all walks of life, creating great opportunity but also challenges for people living their lives here.
YWAM has been present in Stockholm in different shapes and forms since the early 1990s. Our focus has always been to reach out to and affect the society around us to see the Kingdom of God to expand and transform our nation.
We are a multicultural team in different ages involved in the areas of evangelism, discipleship training, prayer, and worship. The body of Christ is important to us, and we often partner with churches and organizations in reaching out to Stockholm and mobilizing and equipping the believers. We love receiving teams from around the world to minister love and truth to the great variety of people residing in this city.
Our base is situated in Kungsängen, a northern suburb of Stockholm. This is where we have our office, run schools and offer housing for students and staff. But you will often find us in Stockholm City doing prayer walks, evangelism and ministering in different churches.
Our DTS has an Urban Ministry focus, where we the lecture phase is a time to grow in relationship with the Lord at the same time as we reach out to the people residing in this modern capital city.
Expanding the Kingdom of God - Impacting society with the gospel of Christ
YWAM Stockholm seeks to see Stockholm and Sweden transformed by Christ as every area of society is impacted by the Kingdom of God. We do this as we:
- Worship the Lord – Everything starts with God. As we pray and glorify His name the darkness has to flee and the Kingdom will expand.
- Evangelise the World – We are called to spread the gospel. Every person on earth has the right to hear the good news that transforms lives.
- Disciple Believers – We are not only to be believers but to be followers of Christ. We teach and preach and help believers to grow in faith.
- Mobilise the Church – We have a call to bring the church together and to encourage the body of Christ to stand up and expand the Kingdom.
- Build loving Community – We are family in Christ. We want our community to be a place where people are seen, heard and given value.